MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: Error Nr. 1045 Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (Using password: NO)
Posted by: Mike Eskenazi
Date: April 21, 2008 05:31PM

i ran the configuration wizard and I got this error. i ran the wizard again, and this time the wizard asked me if i wanted to reconfigure or remove. i selected reconfigure. then i selected "standard" installation. note that one of the next steps in the dialog box asks about changing security settings. i unchecked the box. the final step in the dialog box now has three bullets instead of four. the security settings are skipped. i got no error. i closed the wizard successfully. i went to the command line and typed:

mysql -u root -p

I entered my password when prompted. This was the same password that I entered when I ran the wizard the first time (not the second time when I selected "reconfigure".) It worked, and I was able to access MySQL.

Mikey

"whatever" is the primary principle by which all other forces of nature spring forth.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
August 23, 2010 05:37AM
October 08, 2010 02:25PM
Re: Error Nr. 1045 Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (Using password: NO)
April 21, 2008 05:31PM
October 15, 2011 11:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.