MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: Error Nr. 1045 Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (Using password: NO)
Posted by: Alfred Delio
Date: August 16, 2007 01:11PM

I get this error and don't know how to fix it.

I used installation wizard to install MySQL. I run it as a service. It starts and stops easily. I just can't connect to the server to from any of the command line programs.

I thought that when MySQL is installed it establishes a root user without a password. Someone from MySQL org told me at change the root user's password. I believe I did that some time ago. I don't exactly remember what I made it anymore, but right after I made the change they suggested I used the password I created and got the same error except that instead of (using PASSWORD: NO) at the end of the message I got (using password: YES)!!! Same problem however!!! But now with their wisdom in telling me to make a password for the root user I have an additional problem--I don't remember the password.

Can I somehow safely remove MySQL from the system and just start over?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
August 23, 2010 05:37AM
October 08, 2010 02:25PM
Re: Error Nr. 1045 Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (Using password: NO)
August 16, 2007 01:11PM
October 15, 2011 11:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.