> Not supported, I think the idea is that editing an
> old post can make following a conversation
> impossible.
>

> > I suspect it might have something to do with
> the Excel Viewer
>
> Why?

I guess I didn't explain it very clearly. When I first revisited this I was going to use MS Access because that is the DB was originally written in. When attempting to install the Access Engine 2010 x64 it complained about Excel viewer. I know this sounds unrelated, but bear with me,

I uninstalled excel viewer via control panel and that solved my AccessEngine install issue. However I was unable to get CF and Access working together. Architecture mismatch (Even though everything was x64)..

I had tinkered with MySQL about a year ago and decided to abandon MS Access... which was probably a sensible thing to do anyway..

All subsequent MySQL installs failed attempting to start the service. Reconfiguration attempts resulted in various other errors. It was not until I completely uninstalled Excel viewer with the Office removal tool, and taking the other caveats I described into account, that I managed to get a successful install.

I just restored my system to an earlier image and uninstalled Excel Viewer from control panel only... Viola! MySQL install repeatedly fails again.

>

> Subsequent attempts to reconfigure MySQL result in
> an Unhandled Exception when entering the current
> password and clicking Check.. In this case the
> error is "Keyword not supported: ';protocol" (Yes,
> there is no backslash on this particular error).
>
>
> Well that's definitely a bug, please consider
> reporting it on the bugs page (link at the top
> offorum pages) with all the detail you've provided
> here.

OK.

Then I guess I should start another thread for the Access Denied 1045 (28000) error?

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Two MySQL Servers same network different versions
October 01, 2018 07:56AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.