Re: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsExcept ion: Communications link failure
Posted by: myriam leggieri
Date: June 16, 2010 03:43AM

Hi!
I'm running Ubuntu 10.04
my only mistake it could have been to have updated some libraries without too much care, following the update manager notification suggestions....

My application worked fine until yesterday and it still works fine on other machines, but on that one I always get the Connection refusing and Communication link failure exceptions :(
I've tried to set the bind-address into the .cnf file either to my own static ip addres or to 'localhost' but unsuccessfully.

I've read this could be due to some TCP/IP connection problem (as happened to others I'm connecting without any problem from either the bin/mysql -u command or phpmyadmin) but I don't know how to monitor these connections...please if you know how to find my particular problem, monitoring my TCP/IP traffic on Ubuntu 10.04 Any other solution spread throughout the web didn't work for me)
please tell me!!!

deeeeeeep sinceeeeerely thanks and regards in advance to anyone who would be so kind to help me!
myriam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2010 03:45AM by myriam leggieri.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsExcept ion: Communications link failure
June 16, 2010 03:43AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.