Re: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsExce ption: Communications link failure
Posted by: myriam leggieri
Date: June 16, 2010 08:24AM

I've just tried to use wireshark in order to catch tcp/ip communication between jdbc and mysql but...........unsuccessfully!! :(((

I've tried to filter network communications listed by wireshar by mean of my own static ip address or by mean of port number 3306 but when I run my java application and get that connection refused exception, no communication is catched up by wireshark...

I've made my tryings setting the bind-address parameter (into mysql/my.cnf file) either as my static ip addres or as localhost or as 127.0.0.1 but nothing get ever catched by wireshark...

(i've tried also setting jdbc to connect to 127.0.0.1:3306, localhost:3306, 127.0.0.1, localhost, staticIp:3306, staticIp)

so...there's no tcp/ip communication??? it's strange, isn't it? any suggestion?? :°(((

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsExce ption: Communications link failure
June 16, 2010 08:24AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.