Re: MySQL Server 8.0.29 failed install (server won't start)
Posted by: Randy A
Date: July 22, 2022 11:45AM

No, I did not do that. The only thing in my.ini (located in C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0) is [mysqld]. I did not create or modify the .ini file. So, I'm curious what file is setting datadir to C:\PROGRAM FILES\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\. ??? There's nothing in my.ini file that I can see that does that.

Somewhere there must be some sort of configuration file that tells MySQL where things are and where to put things, but I don't know what or where that file might be.

I may be wrong but, it seems like Workbench changes things (Option File settings) that you set when installing MySQL when you first use it. So far, I can't get the Server Start and Stop buttons in Workbench to work. Workbench just sits there in the busy mode apparently doing nothing until I close it. It does NOT stop or start the server.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL Server 8.0.29 failed install (server won't start)
July 22, 2022 11:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.