MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
Posted by: V
Date: January 14, 2005 05:37PM

The following info would be helpful:

OS in use
MySQL Version in use
Applicable contents of the error logs, that state -why- the system denied mysqld permission to open a socket. (you don't create the socket or write anything in it)

As I have no idea what operating system you are using, you may try the following, although I can't say if they will work for you:

First, check the logs, see what they say (this step will likely save you a lot of time)
If applicable, verify that the mysql (or appropriate) user exists. Often times, an OS upgrade performed incorrectly can result in the loss of a few user accounts used by the system, and it is quite common. Also, if the appropriate user exists, verify that that user has the necessary permissions to open the socket.

My guess is, your post was some time ago and you have likely reinstalled the program or figured it out. If not, post the error logs and system specs, and surely we can provide you with some better guidence.

Good luck.
V

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
V
January 14, 2005 05:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.