MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Posted by: Len Goforth
Date: February 01, 2007 04:56PM

I had the same problem except I had no password at all. I finally got it working, but I gotta say I haven't had this much trouble since 1982 when DOS was your only option. The mysql help is totally unclear, terribly laid out, and just a pain in the arse! It takes three men and a boy to get this thing working! The mySQL people need an easier installation! This is ridiculous!

I installed mySQL using WAMP5. Needless to say, once I protected mySQL with a password, PHPmyAdmin fails to launch. The error message is "cannot connect using password = NO". Wow. From there, you can't get to PHPmyAdmin's help files! Again, stoopid programming!

BUt I did finally get it all working, in a DOS world, circa 1982, with all the problems that can be expected with DOS. All parties involved have this so stupidly organized, they should be tarred and feathered and run out of town! It's freakin' ridiculous!

HOW TO DO IT

I dunno! I can't remember. It's so complex, my brain hurts now!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
June 27, 2009 08:29PM
Re: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
February 01, 2007 04:56PM
December 16, 2007 02:18AM
December 27, 2007 02:08PM
January 16, 2011 06:51AM
August 27, 2009 12:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.