MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Posted by: Edward Reid
Date: August 15, 2008 06:39PM

Well, in case it helps anyone ...

I did a basic first-time installation under Windows XP SP3. Then could not connect, first when I tried to set up Data Source, then could not reconfigurate, finally figured out I could not do basic command line stuff. It was acting like I didn't know what password I had configured, and I know my password. Eventually took these steps (nothing less worked):

remove instance
uninstall mySQL
reboot
delete mySQL directory from Program Files
reinstall and configure

I have to say it is very frustrating that mySQL does not distinguish between a connection failure and an authentication failure, at least not so a non-expert can tell. This alone probably cost me over an hour of my time, and would make me disinclined to buy mySQL if I were in the market.

Edward

I see the brevity of truth.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
June 27, 2009 08:29PM
December 16, 2007 02:18AM
December 27, 2007 02:08PM
January 16, 2011 06:51AM
Re: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
August 15, 2008 06:39PM
August 27, 2009 12:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.