MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Posted by: Milos Sadzakov
Date: July 28, 2010 07:04AM

Well, I'm getting this message on the last check (Apply security settings)...

The Security setting could not be applied to the database because connection has failed with the following error.

Error Nr. 1045
Access denied for user 'root@localhost' (using password: YES)

If a personal firewall is running on your machine, please make sure you have opened the TCP port 3306 for connections. Otherwise no client application can connect to the server. After you have opened the port please press [Retry] to apply the security settings.

If you are re-installing after you just uninstalled the MySQL server please note that the data directory was not removed automatically. Therefore the old password from your last installation is still needed to connect to the server. In this case please select skip now and re-run the Configuration Wizard from the start menu.

I've tried cleaning my registry,removing old folders and cleaning ProgramData folder... I have ~400 MB free on C drive and I got Windows 7... If you have any suggestions, please help me...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
June 27, 2009 08:29PM
Re: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
July 28, 2010 07:04AM
December 16, 2007 02:18AM
December 27, 2007 02:08PM
January 16, 2011 06:51AM
August 27, 2009 12:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.